Candidates to the program must fulfill the following criteria:
- Hold a Bologna 2nd cycle in sciences or engineering, or equivalent with a background in biological sciences and a basic background in computer science and mathematics.
- A minimum grade point average of 15/20 or equivalent is requested for consideration of the application.
- Present academic transcripts discriminating the courses taken and respective grades.
- Present evidence of a working command of written and spoken English (for instance documented by a certificate of proficiency in English from recognized organizations such as TOEFL, British Institute).
The Selection Committee will evaluate the fulfilment of these admission criteria and produce a list of admitted candidates. According to the legislation, holders of a degree or an academic, scientific or professional relevant CV recognized by the Selection Committee as evidence of ability to complete the PhD program could also be admitted. The Selection Committee may also consider other justified exceptions to the above described additional admission criteria based in a fair and transparent process.
The candidates that satisfy the admission criteria described above, will be ranked by the Selection Committee according to the following criteria:
- Grade point average of undergraduate course (1st cycle – (3/5) + 2nd cycle/master course – (2/5) OR integrated master course / equivalent to 5 years pre-Bologna education ) - 50 %
- Additional information, namely research or professional experience (to be supplied with the application) – 20 %
- Motivation letter and two recommendation letters (to be supplied with the application) explaining why the candidate applied to the Program and how his/her background matches the requirements of the program - 30 %
After this ranking, the shortlisted candidates (the top 12) will be interviewed, using the semi-structured interview approach for comparison and assessment, by the selection committee (either in person or remotely). The final ranking score will be the shortlist grade (50%) and the interview grade (50%).
- Certificates of 1st and 2nd cycle degrees
- Detailed CV
- Acertificate of proficiency in English
- Two reference letters
- A motivation letter
Students Selection Committee
The Selection committee is responsible to select, rank and admission of the students. Includes Directive Board and up to 5 core team members, covering different topics of the DP and local Directors of the accredited PhD programs.